Turning Workplace Conflict Into Collaboration
Converting Conflict Into Productive Teamwork and Collaboration
Conflict and drama in the workplace costs businesses and organizations billions of dollars a year in lost productivity, reduced output and results, and employee turnover.
In addition, leaders spend too much of their precious time serving as umpires and mediators between team members and cross-functional business units that are allowing unhealthy conflict to get in the way of productive collaboration.
Conflict cannot be avoided. But it can be turned into productive collaboration with the right understanding of conflict management and the right set of tools. We provide both in our one-day workshop Turning Workplace Conflict and Drama Into Collaboration.
This workshop is designed for leaders and their teams to work together to mitigate negative conflict, leverage positive (cognitive) conflict, and reduce interpersonal drama within the team and with other functional units in the organization. Additionally, this workshop can be customized for cross-functional leaders across an organization, with a focus on how to manage and alleviate unproductive conflict and drama.
Both programs feature individual assessments, easy-to-use tools, measured outcomes that assess individual confidence to executive critical behaviors for resilience and agility, and on-going learning reinforcement tailored to the needs of your organization.
Proven Techniques to Turn Conflict Into Collaboration
Learning objectives for this program include:
- Understanding the costs of unresolved conflict in the workplace.
- How conflict impacts employee engagement.
- Differentiating between types of conflict.
- Understanding conflict resolution problems.
- Knowledge of each individual’s conflict management style.
- Advantages and disadvantages of each conflict style.
- Turning conflict into collaboration.
- What happens when conflict turns into drama.
- Introduction to the Leading Out of Drama® model.
- Turning drama into collaboration.
- Tips for creating a collaborative workplace environment.
This workshop integrates personal assessment in both the Thomas-Kilmann conflict mode instrument and the Leading Out of Drama® model.
Contact us today ([email protected] or 760-835-7870) to discuss how the Turning Workplace Conflict and Drama Into Collaboration workshop can improve your working environment and increase the output of your teams.