The Emotional Component of Decision MakingHow to Manage Your Brain to Make More Optimal Decisions
Keynote Speech: Institute for the Study of Business Markets JAM Session
In late September 2020, Steven Howard presented a one-hour keynote presentation on The Emotional Component of Decision Making: How to Manage Your Brain To Make More Optimal Decisions at the quarterly JAM session for the Penn State Institute for the Study of Business Markets.
Steven shared research on how the brain functions during the decision-making process and why neuroscientists today are focusing on how lifestyle habits impact your risks for Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and stroke.
Key messages in this webinar included:
- How stress and anxiety impact your decision making.
- The Biggest Mistakes We Make When Facing Hard Decisions
- The Role of Unconscious Bias in Decision Making
- How to Respond, Not React, When Making Decisions
- How to go from Mind Full to Mindful Decision Making
- Simple Mindfulness Techniques You Can Use at Work or Home
- Why You Need to Start Today to Protect the Long-Term Health of Your Brain
This webinar shared some of the research and latest neuroscientific studies that Steven Howard included in his award-winning book Better Decisions Better Thinking Better Outcomes: How to go from Mind Full to Mindful Leadership.