Turning Workplace Conflict Into Collaboration
Converting Conflict Into Productive Teamwork and Collaboration
Conflict and drama in the workplace costs businesses and organizations billions of dollars a year in lost productivity, reduced output and results, and employee turnover.
In addition, leaders spend too much of their precious time serving as umpires and mediators between team members and cross-functional business units that are allowing unhealthy conflict to get in the way of productive collaboration.
Conflict cannot be avoided. But it can be turned into productive collaboration with the right understanding of conflict management and the right set of tools. We provide both in our one-day workshop Turning Workplace Conflict and Drama Into Collaboration.
This workshop is designed for leaders and their teams to work together to mitigate negative conflict, leverage positive (cognitive) conflict, and reduce interpersonal drama within the team and with other functional units in the organization. Additionally, this workshop can be customized for cross-functional leaders across an organization, with a focus on how to manage and alleviate unproductive conflict and drama.
This program features individual assessments and easy-to-use tools for leaders and managers to increase their capabilities for dealing with conflict in the workplace and turning negative conflict into opportunities for collaboration among team members and cross-functional teams.
Proven Techniques for Turning Conflict Into Collaboration
Learning objectives for this program include:
- Understanding the costs of unresolved conflict in the workplace.
- How conflict impacts employee engagement.
- Differentiating between types of conflict.
- Understanding conflict resolution problems.
- Knowledge of each individual’s conflict management style.
- Advantages and disadvantages of each conflict style.
- Turning conflict into collaboration.
- What happens when conflict turns into drama.
- Turning drama into collaboration.
- Tips for creating a collaborative workplace environment.
This workshop integrates personal assessments in the Thomas-Kilmann conflict mode instrument.
Contact us today at [email protected] or 760-835-7870 to discuss how the Turning Workplace Conflict and Drama Into Collaboration workshop can improve your working environment and increase the output of your teams.